Monday, July 28, 2008

Take those first steps

When He rolls up His sleeves, He ain't just putting on the ritz,
Our God is an awesome God!
There's thunder in His footsteps And lightning in His fists
Our God is an awesome God!
And the Lord wasn't joking When He kicked 'em out of Eden
It wasn't for no reason That He shed His blood
His return is very close and so you better be believing that our God is an awesome God!

Our God is an awesome God!
He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power, and love,
Our God is an awesome God!

And when the sky was starless in the void of the night
Our God is an awesome God!
He spoke into the darkness and created the light
Our God is an awesome God!
Judgement and wrath He poured out on Sodom,
Mercy and grace He gave us at the cross,
I hope that we have not too quickly forgotten that our God is an awesome God!

Our God is an awesome God!
He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power, and love,
Our God is an awesome God!

If it's power that does it for us, is there a greater power in this universe? What an AWESOME, AWESOME God He is!!!

If it's safety, security and protection that it for us, where is a safer place than under His wings?

If it's love that makes our world go round, can we find love more faithful and sacrificing than God's love?

If it's wisdom that lights our way, is there such a dark tunnel where the light of Jesus cannot dispel and scatter the darkness, bringing the clear light of day?

When I heard Rich Mullins sing this yesterday on my iPod, I thought, what a song at a time like this, with me bowed down with fear and cowering in the face of that which oppressed me for many a long, lonely year. Today, there is the clear light of day; my oppressors lie at my feet, dealt fatal blows by the strongest right hand in the universe. They lie dead, never to rise again. And me.....through the haze of tears, disbelieving still, I look at the future - for the first time with a ray of sunshine so bright that I am forever warmed.

Thank you Jesus.

If you feel alone and trapped by your circumstances, if you think it's one endless dark tunnel after another, if you think the light of day is not something you deserve........I want to tell you this. God doesn't think so. He DESPERATELY wants you to come to see the light of day. And He will do all in His power (and where is the limit to that, I ask) to bring you to that door, which, when you open it, will usher in a morning so bright that the night will not even be a memory. Hear this:

Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all.
- Isaiah 41:12

No one, no situation and nothing on earth deters our God. Put your faith in Him, and take your steps. Feeble they may be, as the steps of a child learning to walk. But they speak of many things and promise many things. First, they are deliberate, final steps away from the time when we COULD NOT WALK....when our feet gave way under us. Now, our feet support our weight. The past need not cripple us. Second, our first steps, however feeble, can only lead to surer, stronger and firmer steps in the future. Put your weight on your Heavenly Father, and TAKE THOSE FIRST STEPS!!!!! Afterwards, walk freely in the clear light of day, along the path that is yours, to your destiny.

That chair by the fireplace looks so inviting now - what new wonders will God take me through?

You can be sure I'll be telling......

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so very very much for reminding me of our Heavenly Father, who lovingly can yet dust me off the pitfalls of myself and push me on His Road but yet again..and to know He watches each step of ours. So blessed to read this. Knowing He roots for us and is our cheerleader...an awesome God. amry nan

    ReplyDelete